Peter Laviña

The ABCs (Activities, Beliefs and Campaigns) of City Councilor Peter Tiu Laviña of Davao City, Philippines. This blog started on March 9, 2006.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Outcast in the podcast?

If yesterday I got lost in improving my Profile and Links in blogging, today I felt an outcast in the lecture on Podcast.

I did not have Audacity, the software used to produce the test podcast. And when I was able to download it, I needed to learn the basics yet.

Dr. Ronald Meinardus of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation facilitated a very interesting discusson on what podcasting was all about. As a former radio broadcaster himself, he was passionate in letting us know the whys and wherefores of utilizing this new tool for our advocacies.

Our other resource person, J. Angelo Racoma, guided us to the introduction to podcasting and showed to us the step-by-step process with an example podcast.

I learned the basic elements of how to do it. Strategy is essential. Script is imperative. Music enhances the message and breaks the monotony. Sound and voice clips are spices to the ear. Links are as important as in blogging.

When I recorded my election jingles in 2004, I saw how my sound technician recorded my voice and then added the background music and enhanced it with echos, fades, etc. I did not understand a bit of how he did it.

Today at the workhop, I saw how Audacity worked. How a podcast was recorded and processed. How it was published on Gcast, another one of the new things I learned today. And how to market this through blogging.

Our workshop group to produce our first podcast was on Talk Show format. We prepared our script, recorded it, and added two music clips. However, we ran out of time to polish our product.

I didn't felt any outcast after the experience. My fellow participants were a helpful bunch and we worked together one moment in the dark, at other times having fun and overall we learned together, and enjoyed it together.

2 Comments:

Blogger rax di maggio said...

It was our group effort that let us to success!

Kudos Councilor Lavina and more power!

10:06 PM  
Blogger rax di maggio said...

It was our group effort that let us to success!

Kudos Councilor Lavina and more power!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home